Welcome to MR Rivera Realty your top realty group for home sellers and home buyers in New Kent Virginia. Whether you are looking for a new home or want to sell your existing one we have the expertise and experience to help you achieve your goals. Here are some reasons why you should choose us as your trusted partner in real estate.
New Kent VA:
A Great Place to Live New Kent is a census-designated place and the county seat of New Kent County Virginia. It is located in the eastern part of the Commonwealth of Virginia between Richmond and Hampton Roads. New Kent has a rich history dating back to colonial times and offers a variety of attractions and amenities for residents and visitors alike.
The State of the Real Estate Market
New Kent is a balanced market in June 2022 which means that the supply and demand of homes are about the same. On average homes in New Kent sell after 52 days on the market. The median listing home price in New Kent was $375K trending up 3.1% year-over-year. The median listing home price per square foot was $175.
The State of Business
New Kent County is home to many businesses ranging from small local shops to large corporations. Some of the major employers in the county include Colonial Downs Racetrack Cumberland Hospital for Children and Adolescents Four Seasons at New Kent Vineyards Maidstone Village Shopping Center New Kent Airport New Kent Winery Patriot’s Landing Golf Course and Community Saude Creek Vineyards and Viniterra Golf Course. The county also supports veteran-owned businesses and has an active chamber of commerce that promotes economic development and networking opportunities.
Top 5 Reasons to Own a Home in New Kent VA If you are thinking about buying a home in New Kent VA
here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Affordable living: Compared to other areas in Virginia New Kent offers affordable housing options with lower taxes and utility costs.
- Historic charm: New Kent has a rich heritage that can be seen in its historic landmarks such as St. Peter’s Church (the oldest church in continuous use in America) Cumberland Landing (where George Washington crossed the Pamunkey River during his march to Yorktown) Cumberland Plantation (a National Historic Landmark) and more.
- Natural beauty: New Kent boasts scenic landscapes with rolling hills forests rivers and lakes. You can enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking biking fishing boating golfing horseback riding hunting and more.
- Quality education: New Kent has four public schools that serve grades K-12 with high academic standards and extracurricular programs. The county also has several private schools and colleges nearby such as Bridging Communities Regional Career & Technical Center Chesapeake Bay Governor’s School for Marine & Environmental Science Hampton University Randolph-Macon College and more.
- Convenient location: New Kent is strategically located between two of the nation’s most dynamic metropolitan areas; Richmond and Hampton Roads. You can easily access major highways such as I-64 I-295 and Route 60 and enjoy shopping dining entertainment culture and more.
New Kent County Public Schools (NKCS) is the public school district that serves students in grades K-12 in New Kent County. NKCS consists of four schools:
- George W. Watkins Elementary School (grades K-5)
- J.Blaire Gwaltney School (grades K-5)
- New Kent Middle School (grades 6-8)
- New Kent High School (grades 9-12)
NKCS offers a comprehensive curriculum that meets or exceeds state standards and prepares students for college and career readiness. NKCS also offers various programs such as gifted education special education English language learners career & technical education dual enrollment courses with Rappahannock Community College and more.
NKCS also provides students with opportunities to participate in extracurricular activities such as athletics clubs organizations fine arts and more.
City Services Information
New Kent County provides various services for its residents such as:
- Animal Control: The Animal Control Division enforces animal-related laws and ordinances; responds to animal complaints; investigates animal cruelty cases; impounds stray animals; adopts out animals; licenses dogs; vaccinates animals against rabies; educates the public about responsible pet ownership; etc.
- Building Inspections: The Building Inspections Division ensures compliance with building codes; issues permits Possible response:
- Building Inspections: The Building Inspections Division ensures compliance with building codes; issues permits for construction renovation and demolition; conducts inspections; reviews plans; etc.
- Courts: The Courts Division provides judicial services for the county such as circuit court general district court juvenile and domestic relations court clerk of court commonwealth’s attorney magistrate and sheriff’s office.
- Environmental: The Environmental Division promotes harmonious relationships between the environment and those who inhabit it by enforcing environmental regulations; managing stormwater; protecting natural resources; providing recycling and waste disposal services; etc.
- Financial Services: The Financial Services Division provides financial management for the county such as budgeting accounting auditing purchasing payroll revenue collection etc.
- Social Services: The Social Services Division provides a variety of benefit and service programs for the county such as food assistance Medicaid Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
child care foster care adoption adult protective services energy assistance etc.
If you are interested in buying or selling a home in New Kent VA don’t hesitate to contact us at MR Rivera Realty. We have a team of professional and experienced real estate agents who can help you with every step of the process. We can provide you with market analysis home valuation listing services marketing strategies negotiation skills closing assistance and more.
We are committed to providing you with exceptional customer service and satisfaction. We will work hard to make your real estate dreams come true. Contact us today and let us show you why we are your top realty group in New Kent VA.